International Patents

How do I get an international/foreign patent? To obtain a foreign patent, it is necessary to file patent applications in other countries. Although it is possible to file individual applications in these countries, a better way to obtain patent coverage abroad is through a Patent Cooperation Treaty (PCT) application. A PCT application is an international application that allows for a centralized filing of one patent application and then a selection of the individual countries or regions where patent coverage is desired. Most developed countries are members of the PCT, so a PCT application is more efficient and cost-effective than filing multiple patent applications.

If you wish to discuss your intellectual property matter, including patent, international patent, copyright, trademark, trade secret, or licensing, contact Leo Mikityanskiy today at 718-256-3210.